Enter the Forest - Electric Forest 2017 Preview
The seventh year of Electric Forest launched on Thursday, June 22, 2017, in Manistee National Forest. This is the first year that the Michigan festival is held two weekends back-to-back. Since 2011, Electric Forest has become an increasingly known festival; tickets for the 2016 event sold out in a mere two weeks. Top-notch artists will be performing both weekends, including Bassnectar, Big Gigantic, Claude VonStroke, and The String Cheese Incident, while others will perform either last weekend, June 22 -25, or this weekend, June 29 - July 2.
Bullet Music made the trek it to Michigan for the first weekend. In addition to the many electronic acts performing, Electric Forest offers Plug-In Participation Programs that have a history of adding an element of camaraderie. One such program, Her Forest will showcase the talents of female festies and celebrate the women of Electric Forest. These programs encourage festival-goers to participate as event organizers and showcase the positivity and radiance of the festival community. Some other Plug-In Participation Programs offered are Electricology, Electric Forces Build Crew, The Brainery Workshop Program,
Electricology is part of Electric Forest's sustainability efforts. This program encourages the community to reuse, renew, and recycle and be rewarded for their conservation efforts. Sponsors such as ENO, Grassroots California, and Vibedration have all donated prizes. Take some time to help clean up the forest and make the festival great and you will have a chance to win some awesome prizes. Car camping is available, and carpooling is encouraged, so you and your friends should pile in and head on your adventure together. Preparation is key for any festival, and one as huge as this one, make sure you have these items packed.
1) ENO - Electric Forest is exactly what it sounds like, an EDM festival in the forest. Though hammock camping isn't guaranteed with car or tent parking, there will be plenty of opportunities to hang out in the Sherwood Forest and other designated spots.
2) Rainproof Gear - Whether you stick your phone and money in a Ziploc case or invest in a Lifeproof case, waterproofing your gear is essential in rain or shine activities. Also, Electric Forest has a waterpark ($20 entry), and investing to keep your things dry will help keep you happy and jamming all weekend(s) long.
3) Tapestries - Set your campsite off with tapestries hung or draped on your tent. Not only will your space look rad, it will help you identify your site in the middle of a sea of camps.
4) First Aid Kit - You never know when a bruise, stomach ache, or scratch might happen. Keep a few essentials like band-aids, aspirin, Tums, and antibacterial wipes in stock for any mishaps. Of course, for any serious medical issues, make sure to locate the nearest Medic Tent in and around the festival grounds.
5) Good Vibes - Rain or shine, your best accessory is your smile. You're there to enjoy fantastic music, amazing people, and make your own unforgettable experience.
Electric Forest offers incredible music, charities, jaw-dropping art displays, a waterpark, yoga, and the opportunity for you to choose your experience. You can still try to buy tickets on the Official Wristband Exchange or you can purchase tickets for the second weekend here.