Cover Photo Credit: waneefestival.com
Grab your JAMily and join us for Wanee Music Festival, April 19-21. Nestled along the celebrated Suwannee River and lofty live oaks, The Spirit of Suwannee Music Park offers 800 acres of unforgettable memories. Deeply rooted in the tradition of music, this park will make you a believer in its healing power; there is truly no place like it on earth.
In keeping with tradition, this year's Wanee will pay homage to the world-renowned music of the Allman Brothers Band. This year marks the fourth memorial year without our beloved Allman Brothers Band hosting the festival, but their influence reverberates in the theme and within the music of every artist on the lineup.
The main stage will be transformed into the Peach stage, and tribute sets will be held by Karl Denson's Tiny Universe coined ‘Eat a Bunch of Peaches' as well as Pink Talking Fish's "Tied to the Whipping Post." Also, heavy hitters Widespread Panic, Jaimoe's Jasssz Band, and The Marcus King Band will unquestionably pay their respect with their own uniquely crafted Allman Brothers covers. Other notable talent includes two nights of Phil Lesh & the Terrapin Family Band and Dark Star Orchestra commemorating the sounds of The Grateful Dead.
The magic in the atmosphere will come alive by the soaring technicolor Ferris wheel, freely distributed live painters and playful vendors such as Dimple's Dyes. Hammocks will transcend up the natural amphitheater and provide a relaxing space in the shade - feel free to bring your own! The country store is a lifesaver for things you may have forgotten, but below are some essentials you'll want to pack.
- Bandana: With all the foot traffic, the air gets dusty at Suwannee. It only took me a couple of festivals to figure out this is a must have to keep your nose clean.
- Canteen: Stay hydrated, save your money and the planet with an empty container. Waterspouts are readily available around vending.
- Sunscreen: The sun is intense this time of year in Florida. Please don't forget to bring sunscreen. Parasols are also great for mobile shade.
- Baby wipes: After a long and hot day of music you (and your friends) will be glad you have them.
- Boots or sneakers: Listen, once upon a time, I was that free-living barefoot hippy running around Suwannee too, but for more reasons than I care to mention, closed-toed shoes are the way to go.
We at Bullet Music hope to see all of your smiling faces at this year's Wanee Music Festival. One thing is certain, with the right gear, you’re set for a life-changing experience you can only have at the magical Spirit of Suwannee Music Park. Tickets on sale HERE.